Search This Blog

Monday, February 7, 2011

CHEROKEE COUNTY COUPLE ARRESTED ON DRUG CHARGES

Timothy Myers
Carolyn Ledford












Murphy, NC— Timothy Gene Myers a 36 year old Murphy North Carolina man and Carolyn R Ledford a 27 year old Murphy North Carolina woman were arrested by the Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office on January 31, 2011.

The arrest of Myers and Ledford was brought about following a traffic stop and subsequent vehicle search initiated by Deputy Jeremy Payne of the Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office. During the search of the vehicle evidence of possession of trafficking level amounts of narcotics was discovered. The investigation continues.

Both Myers and Ledford remain in the Cherokee County Detention Center

1 comment:

  1. I am proud of the job the our local police officers do. However, the drugs have become the biggest bulk of the criminal activity in our area. I have heard some local policemen comment that abuse of prescription drugs has surpassed meth on our streets. Why doesn't the DEA start coming down on some of these doctors in our area? Seems to me that they overwrite narcotics and they make their way to the streets.

    As a nurse in other areas for over 22 years, I moved here to find that doctors in our area were writing methadone for pain control to 25 and 30 year olds for "sprained backs". I had never seen that drug prescribed for pain in Houston,TX except for in clinics for addiction and in ONE PATIENT who had intractable cancer pain and had been on everything else before she died. It is ludicrous that Schedule II drugs are used with the frequency they are by the doctors in our area.

    When I asked one doctor why he had written Methadone, I was told it was what the patient had requested, and what he had been on for years. WELL....how would a judge look at me if I stood before him and said, "I let my child play with matches and he burned himself up in our house because he wanted to play with matches, and besides, he had played with matches at the neighbor's house"???? It would not fly. A patient's request can be denied and he may take his business elsewhere, but the doctor is the one who KNOWS BETTER and should be held accountable.

    Until the feds come in and clean up the doctors around here, I am afraid all the efforts of the police agencies here are swimming upstream.

    ReplyDelete